We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality Technician, for a fixed term contract for 6 months, to monitor and record product quality and incoming material quality within the bottling operations, communicating issues as necessary to relevant stakeholders to enable the business to meet and exceed customer and consumer Quality expectations.
The successful candidate will perform line sample inspection audits to measure and record product quality within operations and action as appropriate. Control stock which fails to meet required quality standards and report internally within the business. Investigate production quality issues to support the identification of root cause and contribute to the development of solution. Record, communicate and investigate material defects and liaise with external suppliers as required, as well as record line quality records submission and report on issues and update and maintain records in all quality databases as necessary. Promote quality standards in the bottling hall and support and advise line operators on issues relating to product quality. Assist and supervise quality criteria / inspections for new product and engineering trials. Perform line audits on glass breakage, record issues found and communicate to relevant line operators. Analysis and verification of material compliance to specifications (physical and performance) using appropriate measuring equipment.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a quality/technical role desirable. Working knowledge of Production and Packaging Processes. An understanding and working knowledge of Bottling Standards and appropriate quality measuring devices. The ideal candidate will be computer literate and have working knowledge of IFS, Word, Excel. Knowledge of dry goods materials and supplier contacts and knowledge of problem solving techniques and ability to put into practice is essential.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.