We have a superb opportunity for an experienced HR Director to support our team. The successful role holder will support the ODC network, working collaboratively with the ODC BU Board to achieve the ODC BU and Corporate Objectives. Working in partnership with the ODC BU Board and ensure Team Leaders are supported in developing a high-performing organisation. ODC is short for “Owned Distribution Companies”. The ODC Business Unit forms a network of companies building a world class route to market for our brands. The markets include UK, France, Germany, US, Canada, India, China, Taiwan, Korea and Australia.
The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring effective recruitment, progression, succession and remuneration in the ODC BU, in accordance with HR policies, principles and standards.
- Together with the ODC Development Group, take individual and collective accountability for developing and managing the business of the ODC network, working collaboratively with the ODC BU Board colleagues to achieve the ODC BU and Corporate Objectives
- Lead the ODC HR teams jointly with the local ODC MDs
- Support the ODC BU Board with full range of HR activities, including for example, performance management, L&D, succession planning, recruitment, and project requirements
- Assist the Central HR team to ensure that the HR standards and procedures are implemented and followed through by the respective ODC HR teams
- Work with the Chief Officer Network Distribution Companies to drive continuous improvement with regard to organisation and people related matters via the ODC Boards, ensuring that the quality of discussion of HR matters in the ODC Boards is of the highest standards
- Proactively support the development of in-market HR capabilities to drive better decision making and optimise the use of resources with particular attention to the HR capabilities and understanding of the ODC teams including, for example, recruitment, succession planning, L&D, remuneration, etc.
- Ensure transparency on HR performance within the ODCs and hold the respective boards and operational teams accountable to make strong people-related decisions and develop talent
- Apply and develop a rigorous evaluation framework across the ODCs (according to the WGW) and monitor ODC management to anticipate problems and ensure improvement actions are taken across the network
- Work closely with both Central HR team and the Chief Officer Network Distribution Companies to deploy rigorous execution of HR processes and policies across the ODCs ensuring key procedures are implemented and improvement actions taken across the network
- Deploy and ensure use of standardised HR processes, tools and templates across the network to improve current processes and increase efficiencies, with support from the Chief Officer Network Distribution Companies
- Drive talent development across the ODC network in close collaboration with Chief Officer Network Distribution Companies, also coordinating across other business units, including the identification and movement of best internal talent
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree / CIPD qualified or equivalent experience
- Proven senior leader who can set objectives, lead a team, motivate and develop individuals to achieve their full potential
- Generalist HR background with working knowledge of employment law, performance management, talent development, succession planning and employee engagement
- Experience in a commercial operations environment, strong negotiation skills including union / collective groupings, ability to propose fit for purpose solutions
- Experience of leading Globally disparate teams and working with complex employment law in multiple countries
- Highly effective communicator, with the ability to make a positive impact and strong working relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Highly organised, pro-active approach, with excellent attention to detail and able to interpret large amounts of complex information from multiple sources
- Significant experience of facilitating and implementing organisational change and culture development
- Able to demonstrate considerable achievement in fast paced growing business
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons