Established in 1887, William Grant & Sons is an independent, family owned distiller with Scottish roots and a global reach. A new opportunity has arisen for a Product Owner with the General Technology Services (GTS) department based in Cumbernauld.
The Product Owner will be responsible for the design, realisation, operation and maintenance of products for the Central Services team. They will drive core business engagement and act as single point of contact for the respective product team and stakeholders ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the building and maintaining of the day-to-day relationships with business stakeholders, customers and suppliers, ensuring consistency in engagement across the business.
- Act as a translator between IT operations and the business, being the single point of contact for the business.
- Ensure detailed understanding of business requirements and priorities for the product ensuring systems are customer centric and meet business requirements.
- Ensure realisation, operation and maintenance of the product according to defined service level agreements, requirements, timeline, value/ ROI, cost and quality and ways of working.
- Take accountability for all core systems, incident response, service requests and know supplier contracts through proactive contract management.
- Provide direction, coordinate and manage (agile) product team to optimise its value (speed & quality) and cost effectiveness.
- Report product status and (agile) Product team progress to stakeholders using agreed governance.
- Review and approve documentation of functional and non-functional product requirements utilising appropriate (agile) methodology.
- Define, monitor and control product service level requirements ensuring targets are met.
- Support portfolio management by forecasting demand, capacity and budget requirements to meet product needs across the function feeding into wider business objectives.
- Define and prioritise product user stories together with the business in accordance to business value and return on investment.
- Define the impact of change to current processes, master data, business model and technology architecture when assessing requests or delivering change to the business.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Several years experience as a Product Owner or equivalent in a Central Services environment.
- Experience of stakeholder management, defining and delivering business led priorities and improvement.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail while also demonstrating creative thinking.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, both for themselves and for the rest of the team.
- In depth experience in delivery, with appropriate delivery methods - waterfall and agile development.
- Practical knowledge of using Service Management systems.
- Has a knowledge for the market, being aware of trends and competitor activity.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.
William Grant & Sons