We have a fantastic opportunity for a Luxury Sourcing Leader to join our SBP (Bellshill) or Richmond site, to lead and manage procurement strategy and supplier performance management for the category. Accountable for managing external spend and driving the development of a high performing supply base to maximise service, performance and added value.
- Create and deliver category plan in alignment with procurement and business objectives, including global tender and benchmarking activities.
- Lead and manage effective supplier relationship management for the category, utilising supplier scorecards and performance management tool to ensure service and quality requirements are met. Develop a collaborative approach to innovation, sustainability and continuous improvement.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives and drive essential behavioural and process change.
- Work closely with the business to ensure the collation and assessment of category requirements including spend, demand, supplier performance and service requirements in a logical format from the business units.
- Support NPD projects with supplier appraisal and selection, promoting innovation & sustainable solutions whilst ensuring pricing is market competitive and within budget.
- Accountable for optimising external spend for the category and delivering cost/value/business benefit. Deliver budgeted targets (savings, cash flow, value add) to drive improvements in operating margin.
- Ensure rigorous contract development & management is in place for all key suppliers. Oversee and manage the resolution of escalated supplier issues.
- Manage the risk and governance agenda for the suppliers. Ensuring robust contingency and business continuity plans are in place and tested for the category.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally with a procurement related qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of category management based on significant procurement experience including market place, key drivers and levers, supply base and balance of power.
- A demonstrable record of successfully defining an implementing leading edge category strategies.
- Knowledge and experience of integrated supply chain management (Plan, Buy, Make, and Move) and continuous improvement techniques.
- Strong negotiation planning and execution skills.
- Ability to think and operate strategically, recognising from a broad range of issues and implications, where the best benefit is for procurement, supply chain and the wider business.
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular Excel, Word and Powerpoint, with ability to interpret data, identify and communicate key insights.
- CIPS Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of the Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent experience.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons