To provide Excise and International trade advice, guidance, and support to ensure that the William Grant & Sons UK and the Ireland businesses are fully compliant with all relevant current and future legislation in relation to HMR&C and Irish Revenue and other requirements, including the Scotch Whisky and Irish Whiskey Verification schemes
- Manage the Management checks process at Girvan/Dufftown and SBP ensuring ongoing HMRC compliance.
- Complete all Management Checks at Girvan/Dufftown and SBP whilst supporting and ensuring all non-conformances raised are closed out.
- Ownership of all management checks work instructions ensuring that these remain up to date
- Ensuring the sites ongoing compliance to the Verification of Scotch Whisky process.
- To work with all team Leaders with HMRC responsibilities to ensure the operational processes are HMRC compliant including Dry Goods, Wet Goods, Customer Relations, Vat Hall, Process and Bottling at Girvan/Dufftown and SBP.
- To drive/facilitate improvements in HMRC processes to ensure ongoing HMRC compliance
- To advise and support Team Leaders and Team Members on any day-to-day issues ensuring ongoing HMRC compliance
- Advise and support Team Leaders during HMRC investigations, maintain the site HMRC incident log, and ensure corrective actions recorded are actioned to ensure non re-occurrence.
- To attend SWA HMRC Committee Meetings as required.
- To deliver training and induction training to leaders and team members at the respective sites.
- To support the ongoing development of the Site HMRC Co-ordinator.
- To lead the HMRC Section in the monthly team and area leader meetings.
- Responsible for the monthly reporting of site HMRC KPI’s.
- Share with / educate site leaders on all new HMR&C legislative changes
- To be the main site HMRC contact for Girvan or Dufftown and SBP.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of HMRC and EU Excise and International Trade legislation.
- Minimum 3 years Excise and International Trade experience preferably within food & drinks industry.
- Sound functional knowledge of UK, Ireland and EU Excise and International trade legislation as it applies within the Drinks Industry from production and throughout the supply chain.
- Knowledge and experience of using HMRC on line Systems
- Audit qualification or relevant experience
- Computer Literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to influence out with areas of authority at all levels across the business.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons