An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Demand Planner within the UK Supply Chain Team. This role will be responsible for building collaborative relationships with the internal Commercial and supply planning teams and external customers to deliver a robust rolling 18-month demand plan that provides a complete view of customer needs.
They will work to identify and mitigate key forecast risks and opportunities to achieve our business strategy and current years targets
This is a great opportunity for individuals with solid demand planning experience to shape the future of the business through establishing our Demand planning function in line with Business objectives.
This role is pivotal in ensuring alignment of long-term strategic growth plans for the business and our operational capabilities
- Build collaborative relationships with the Commercial team to provide support and drive process excellence by preparing for and leading Key Demand Review meetings in line with S&OP processes.
- Create and maintain the rolling 18-month demand forecast using appropriate statistical modelling, by analysing sales plans, historical sales data, brand changes, new product development and obsolete products.
- Lead forecast meetings with the Commercial teams and review performance to improve forecast accuracy.
- Understand and analyse trends and seasonal profile to challenge and influence the Commercial teams where there is evidence that the demand plan may require revision.
- Utilise customer information including intranet site, forecasting reports, EPOS and interaction with sales managers to assist in building the replenishment forecast.
- Ensure Demand is in line with the agreed market allocations policy and process through regular reviews with the Commercial teams, highlighting opportunities and risks where appropriate.
- Support Supply Chain KPIs such as inventory and obsolescence through active involvement in the product lifecycle management process.
- Build a collaborative relationship with key customers to jointly forecast promotional periods, review and manage seasonal events and drive performance of WG&S brands.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Comprehensive demand planning knowledge and an understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes and procedures gained in an FMCG or similar environment
- Working understanding of modern forecasting techniques and packages including S&OP practices
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business
- Motivation to persistently pursue and achieve results
- Demonstrable ability to analyse and interpret data across multiple systems
- Self-starter with ability to work alone or part of a wider team
- Good Office 365 skills
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons