To provide expert financial support to the ANZ business, supporting current and future business opportunities with analysis and insight, working closely with Commercial & Marketing as part of cross-functional teams, deputising for the Head of Finance as required.
Co-ordinate delivery the planning cycles of the finance calendar (Bud, LE, 5YP), Commercial Finance reporting, the appraisal and review of ongoing KPI targets. Support the business in delivering business targets through decision support and investment appraisal and decision support while maintaining strong operational and commercial controls.
- Responsibility for ANZ region monthly Commercial Finance reporting and co-ordinate the delivery of the budget and planning processes as detailed within the Finance Calendar, while supporting delivery of robust plans through Risks & Opportunity tracking &management
- Lead the day-to-day workload and development of the Commercial Analyst, ensuring appropriate matrix split of responsibilities to support and business partner Sales and Marketing within a robust control framework
- Lead the commercial finance team through the monthly & year-end management accounting process for ANZ. Liaise with other finance teams and sales/marketing as required, while developing key relationships with APAC & Group to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information flows
- Support key strategic business projects and initiatives (initiated both Globally & Locally) as required to drive value and efficiency across the business
- Provide finance support and ad hoc analysis for SLT as required and deputise for the Head of Finance as necessary
- Review finance, systems, and business processes on an ongoing basis. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and propose / implement these with input / authorization from the Head of Finance / Group team
- Business Partnering with Commercial and Marketing functions to ensure the delivery of profit and key financial metrics across all brands
- Provision of expert financial support to evaluate new opportunities across the business, including NPD and financial modelling / scenario planning to provide solutions to key business challenges
- Support and improve Investment Appraisal processes and capability within the business for key Sales and Marketing activity; evaluating profitability, return, and effectiveness while ensuring key learnings are monitored and implemented appropriately
- Lead pricing reviews, ensuring delivery against NSV/cs metrics and adherence to Global Floor Pricing through decision support and active management with the Commercial & Marketing teams
- Ensure robust review of Marketing & Customer Discount spend and coding on an ongoing basis, with appropriate controls and reporting in place. Develop and maintain high levels of financial controls, ensuring delivery of strong performance through Internal and External Audits
- Develop and share expert knowledge of our systems and exploring opportunities to optimise through network of wider WG&S colleagues globally
- Lead the Commercial Finance agenda and support for New Zealand market, helping to ensure delivery of commercial plans and monitoring and controls.
- Function as Company Secretary of the WG&SA Board
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified (CA, CPA, CIMA, or equivalent), with proven post-qualification experience of Management Accounting in a commercial environment working collaboratively with Sales and Marketing teams
- Proven people leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their potential
- Maturity and credibility to deputise for Head of Finance & Operations, as and when required
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and adopt a challenging approach to deliver robust, accurate financial data and drive business performance.
- Experience of ERP, forecasting, and analytics applications to deliver effective management reporting and analysis
- Strong Financial control background
- Experience workings with Company Boards & Company Secretary
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement.
- Private Health insurance
- Superannuation (company contribution of 10.75%)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Private Life Assurance and Total Permanent Disability cover
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons