We have a fantastic opportunity for a keen Technical Analyst to develop, support, deliver, administer business applications and the EDI solution in line with business needs, utilising appropriate technical tools and techniques aligned to WGS Corporate GTS strategy.
The successful candidate will help design, develop, administer, and support technical solutions (including databases, EDI, reports, business logic, integration) across business applications ensuring accurate and timely delivery of key business information and functionality. They will work closely with functional pillars and relevant business contacts to gather and confirm business requirements and participate in solution design, as well as provide support and training. They will work closely with other GTS teams (such as Operations, Architects, and Client Services, Info Sec) to ensure architecture and infrastructure that underpins business applications and EDI solution is correctly specified, robust, secure, and performant, as well as liaise with 3rd parties (such as ERP vendor, trading partners, EDI targets, DBAs,) to oversee and coordinate externally delivered solutions. They will provide end-to-end support across business applications and EDI solution ensuring support calls are closed within SLAs and that system uptime meets agreed business targets.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a keen learner with experience of software development and delivery, as well as having an awareness of software development lifecycle, technical infrastructure, EDI principles, Database Administration, IT service management, various communication protocols such as AS2/3, SFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, or SSL. They will have good communication skills and ability to adhere to processes and to demonstrate logical thinking, strong planning and organisation skills, as well as good analysis & troubleshooting skills of system issues, processes, data and EDI document related issues. The ability to work across organisations and cultures is essential.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plans.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.