We currently have an exciting opportunity for a LGV Driver/Shunter to join William Grant & Sons support Operations team in order to deliver results in line with the Bottling strategy and to meet internal/external stakeholder requirements. To safely and efficiently drive company LGV’s and forklifts, ensuring full compliance with all Health & Safety/HMRC standards and relevant legislation.
- Ensure that safe working practises and quality procedures are adhered to in line with ISO 9001, BRC, environmental and HRMC requirements for compliance, taking a proactive approach individuating areas of improvement and suggestion an action plan. This includes conducting basic maintenance, safety checks and housekeeping tasks to maintain a safe and organised working environment and report any issues/damages.
- Manage the yard and flow of full & empty containers/trailers to ensure that customer demand is met and report back tracking against plan to shift coordinator, specifying any challenges and need for support and providing guidance to team members, particularly despatch and loading colleagues.
- Implement best practice processes and procedures within Transport and ensure Environmental and Customs & Excise Legislation is adhered to ensure compliance and maximise team effectiveness and flexibility, ensuring a strong interface with the Dry, Wet Goods areas.
- Carry out efficiently and effectively all Wet Goods related tasks, including receipting inbound goods, managing customer dispatches, auditing loads and managing the receipt and movement of finished goods into the Wet Goods warehouse, ensuring all goods are identified & accounted for accordingly.
- Contributes appropriately to team meetings, supports the implementation of team strategy and continuous improvement projects as well as taking part in stock takes, perpetual counts and audits.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our values and diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Valid Class 2, preferably class 1 LGV driving licence
- Valid Counterbalance forklift licence
- Previous experience in a similar role
- PC literate
- Flexibility to work shifts
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons