William Grant & Sons have an exciting opportunity for a rare character to join our team, to provide technical expertise to ensure maximum efficiency and performance from engineering assets and support the delivery of the SBP Packaging and Supply Chain strategy.
- Ensure that safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to ensure compliance with HMRC, environmental legislation and ISO requirements to produce a safe product. To be compliant with all relevant H&S & ISO standards at all times.
- To provide technical support to ensure maximum efficiency from production and engineering assets, ensuring planned and corrective maintenance tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Manage contractors as and when required as per contractor management procedure.
- Act as a quality guardian in the end-to-end production process monitoring compliance, taking accountability to deliver excellence in our products and implementing continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring perfection for the customer and consumer.
- Build and maintain key relationships with bottling, vat hall and site maintenance personnel, providing a high level of customer service and ensuring objectives are implemented throughout SBP.
- Coach and lead Technical Operators in asset maintenance training.
- To lead and support team based improvement projects and provide support to NPD / project engineering departments throughout all project stages.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be time-served in a recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline such as Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Will have experience and knowledge of delivering and reporting on asset planned and preventative maintenance, using a CMMS, within an FMCG environment. Should have sound knowledge of safe working practices such as risk assessment, LOTO and permit-to-work processes. Should be familiar with product safety, and quality compliance processes within a manufacturing environment.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons