We have an extremely exciting opportunity for a Ways of Working/Culture Specialist to join our Arete or SBP site, to ensure effective governance of the Company’s operating model, the William Grant Way (WGW), specifically relating to the Ways of Working pillar in order to sustain and optimise its content and application - so as to ensure the Company’s unique culture is nurtured and developed. Support the business to build an organisation with a culture that supports the Family Values and the long term perspective that defines the Company
The successful candidates responsibilities will include monitoring how the business operates in relation to the specific requirements of the WGW Ways of Working pillar for both its normal functioning and the governance aspects, with the acknowledgement that management have primary responsibility for this outcome. Supporting the Business Units and Central Services teams with the on-going development of the WGW Ways of Working pillar in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Company operations, allowing for Freedom within the Framework. Ensuring that all developments are in line with policy and in the overall interests of developing the WG&S culture. Ensuring that the elements of the Ways of Working pillar: The Purpose including the Business Drivers and our values, Operating Principles, Social Structure and Standard Techniques are fully understood and evident within the business. Overseeing the design and development of the principles of the Ways of Working pillar ensuring integration and consistency to deliver efficient ways of working, greater understanding and heightened adoption of the WGW across the business. Working in collaboration with the HR team to ensure that the processes and policies work in support of the elements of Ways of Working. Monitoring the delivery and effectiveness of the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility programme management systems, reporting on areas of improvement for the Supervisory Board, to support the acceleration of overall progress. Overseeing the tangible aspects of the Social Structure (employee on-boarding, communications, recognition, charitable activities and Family Days) to ensure that employee engagement activities are sustained in the long term interest of the Company.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have prior experience of developing and managing Ways of Working/Culture programmes globally. Experience in developing global training solutions on Ways of Working/Culture. Understanding of Ways of Working/Culture trends and emerging best practices. Strong understanding of factors that need to be taken into account when communicating and managing Ways of Working/Culture change across different cultures and geographies. Exceptional communication skills, both orally and written, with the ability to operate at many levels within the Company. Excellent interpersonal skills. Has or is able to develop a confident, proactive approach and is consistently reliable in delivery. Strong Project Management experience. Good experience working with processes and being detailed focused. Our ideal candidate must have computer literacy to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plans.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.