Responsibility for the day-to-day financial management and financial control for the visitor experience at Distillery House. Provision of accurate and timely reporting, planning (latest estimate forecasts (LE’s) and budget) and commercial analysis to support the decision-making process. Ensure a strong control framework and the implementation of effective and efficient financial procedures.
Please note that this is a part-time position covering 25 hours per week.
- Manage the financial operations of the Visitor Centre, e.g. cash processes and procedures, stock management processes, overhead budget management, purchasing, supplier management and invoicing.
- Responsibility for all daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting. Manage the month end reporting process including the preparation of the monthly commentary for the management accounts. Presentation of the monthly results at the monthly leadership team meetings.
- Manage the budget, latest estimates and planning cycles for the visitor centre.
- Responsibility for the management of the EPOS system, the visitor centre accountant is the super user of this system.
- Monitoring financial controls for the operation, taking the lead in training staff on the financial processes on an ongoing basis.
- Responsibility for the management of the CAPEX budget, ensuring suppliers are set up, PO’s raised and invoices are managed accordingly. Support with ongoing CAPEX projects and provide monthly reporting for CAPEX to ensure that spend is managed to budget.
- Provide commercial finance support to the local team, provide robust financial analysis to support business decisions.
- Support the Operations Manager in the day-to-day management of the centre.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in an accounting role
- Strong financial control background
- Strong Excel skills
- Previous experience working in the tourism industry/retail industry with hands on experience working with a business with cash and credit card transactions.
- Part Qualified Accountant with supporting work experience
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons