We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Utilities Engineer to join the Maintenance department at William Grant & Sons based at our Girvan site. The successful candidate will maintain and optimise our Site critical utilities and support the business on its journey to become carbon net zero by 2030.
The successful candidate will be the principle engineer responsible for our Site steam boilers, CHP, water treatment and cooling facilities and all other services required by our Malt, Grain and Gin Distilleries. It is essential that they understand their processes so that they can set operational budgets and appropriate performance indicators to measure success and highlight risks. They will provide intelligence to feed our 5yr capital Plans to ensure that our plant is legal, safe and reliable. Whilst this position will have no direct reports, they will be responsible for planning and delivering all service and inspection activities under their area of responsibility and will work with the distillery operators to ensure that all utility resources are available as and when production plans dictate.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate has a can do attitude alongside exceptional knowledge of factory utilities. They will understand what a safe, legal and reliable plant looks like and will have a drive for continuous improvement. Our ideal candidate would also be emotionally grounded, with a highly effective communication style and with good attention to detail being key to success in this role. Finally they must have a drive and passion to reduce our carbon impact.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons