Ensure effective governance of the Company’s operating model, the William Grant Way (WGW), specifically relating to the Technology pillar in order to sustain and optimise its content and application - so as to ensure the most effective and efficient possible outcomes for the Company across the business as a whole. Monitor and analyse all aspects of Technology to ensure effective systems infrastructure and capability to continuously improve business agility and speed. Ensure that Technology remains a priority within the business and the appropriate infrastructure and capability is being built to enable long term sustainable growth.
- Monitor and ensure that all employees carry out their work in the business and operate with their teams in accordance with the specified requirements of the WGW Technology pillar in relation both to its normal functioning and the governance aspects, with the acknowledgement that management have primary responsibility for this outcome
- Ensure the appropriate processes and policies are embedded and adhered to in order to deliver an effective IT service, quality assurance, data protection and compliance of technology practices in line with regulatory standards
- Ensure that all proposed technology changes are in line with the principles of WGW technology pillar
- Oversee the systems infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency, and ensure any infrastructure plans are forward looking and aligned to the 5YP and WGW guidelines
- Ensure the effective implementation of processes to enable the discovery and implementation of new software and technologies that can continuously grow with the business
- Work in collaboration with the GTS Planning & Governance Leader to monitor KPIs and IT budgets to ensure technology performance stays current and aligned to the business
- Work in collaboration with the GTS Management Team to ensure robust timelines are in place for the development and deployment of all technological services (CICD – Continuous integration, continuous deployment)
- Develop a stakeholder network across the business to ensure the necessary improvements and adjustments to technology are being made to deliver continuous improvement in business agility and speed
- Oversee the design and development of the Technology pillar ensuring integration and consistency to deliver efficient ways of working, greater understanding and heightened adoption of the WGW across the business.
- Monitor the provision and operation of leading-edge information and technology systems across the Group, working in collaboration with the Business Units and other central functions. Ensure the highest standards of stability and security for all systems.
- Actively communicate the existence of and the rationale for having the WGW so that all employees are properly informed and able to understand the need for its practical implementation, supporting the
- Communications & Training Lead to develop and run regular compulsory training programmes as needed.
- Act as the guardian of the Technology pillar, ensuring any proposed changes to the Technology handbook are approved by the C&D office as required
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experienced IT Leader with deep technical knowledge an significant experience of leading IT functions
- Confident leader with substantial experience of operating at Senior/Executive level and developed communication and influencing skills
- Extensive experience managing the delivery and support of IT services within a fast paced and developing organisation
- Strong understanding of IT architecture disciplines, frameworks, concepts and best practices
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons