We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our General Technology Services team based in Cumbernauld, Glasgow
You will provide effective management of the IT technical programme ensuring and all IT technical projects adhere to established project governance and controls and delivery is aligned to business and IT strategic plans and priorities. Support the definition and implementation of the Global IT strategy with responsibility for the management of the GTS PMO function ensuring clear definition and application of project standards, reporting and project governance.
- Manage the IT technical delivery programme, establishing and agreeing business priorities to deliver globally aligned benefits and services
- Establish successful stakeholder relationships, managing expectations in the delivery, support and enhancements of IT Services, including leading Steering Group Meetings and Global Forums
- Ensure delivery of compliant services through rationalisation and alignment with the company global technical blue print
- Recruit, retain, lead, motivate and develop the team in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure project delivery
- Coach, develop and mentor team members ensuring: (1) effective cross-training of skills, (2) development plans are aligned with personal and team goals, and (3) challenging objectives
- Manage team financials ensuring: (1) budgets and 5 year plans are properly defined, (2) spend is maintained and tracked within budget and (3) all necessary capital expenditure is submitted for approval.
- Support the definition and delivery of IT policies, procedures and infrastructure standards in line with best practice
- Develop and operate global processes which are aligned with ITIL and Prince2 methodologies to deliver agile solutions which exploit technology to generate business value and competitive advantage
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Extensive experience managing the delivery, support and maintenance of business and technology solutions
- In-depth knowledge of multiple business applications and reporting services
- Skilled in building relationships and delivering for a multi-site or international environment
- Knowledge of Industry best practice methodologies including Software Development Lifecycles, Technical Infrastructure, and IT Service Management.
- Proven track record of implementing, enhancing and supporting core business applications that are key to business success
- Effective in commercial and 3rd party vendor management with major service contracts
- Knowledge and understanding of formal project management and continuous improvement/Lean practices
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker who can manage the detail and drive towards implementation success
- Individually driven to deliver results, with the ability to drive solutions through to completion across any boundaries
- Able to motivate and drive cross functional teams of people towards a set goal
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.
William Grant & Sons