We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Bellshill site, to work closely with WGS material suppliers to optimise material performance and align supplier manufacturing capability to the requirements of both high-speed manufacturing and a premium quality portfolio. To ensure material quality issues are investigated appropriately and that root cause is determined and CAPA are implemented and maintained.
- Work closely with and support manufacturing teams, to provide support and expertise on major material performance issues and to ensure specification requirements are aligned to the requirements of a high speed, premium quality operation.
- Work collaboratively with procurement and NPD to set specifications and standards, and support NPD activities within the supply base that optimize material quality across the end-to-end WGS supply chain.
- Contribute to the assurance of packaging quality through engaging in a program of supplier audit, delivery of quality standards and ongoing supplier development.
- Nurture and build action-oriented partnerships with key suppliers to further develop material performance and optimise standards of quality.
- Update and maintain both Component Quality and Delivery Standards. "
- Facilitate the qualification and formal assessment of new suppliers, ensuring they meet the specification requirements and quality standards to support WGS P&SC operations.
- Maintain the supplier audit schedule in line with QMS requirements, working collaboratively with Compliance team to conduct scheduled audits in a timely and accurate manner and to support suppliers with non-conformance resolution.
- Investigate material quality related customer complaints with suppliers, establish root cause, and ensure that robust preventative actions are implemented.
- Maintain and develop Supplier Non-Conformance Management systems, ensuring effective communication of issues with the supply base and validation and verification of implemented corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintain the key Supplier Quality performance metrics of MDN's/MDR's and Supplier Audit, accurately reporting weekly/monthly as necessary, using the data to drive supplier development initiatives
- Update and maintain Supplier Quality process maps and process documentation in accordance with the WGW governance structure and the requirements of our QMS.
- Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues, coaching and developing Quality Technicians, Line Leaders and Lean teams in Material Quality Standards.
- Apply learnings from identified training and development activities required to perform in role.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working with technical component specifications
- Experience in conducting detailed audits of manufacturing processes (external or internal)
- Technical aptitude across multiple manufacturing processes
- Track record of delivering measurable continuous improvement
- Strong negotiation skills
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons