You'll work closely with our material suppliers (glass, closures, labels, cardboard etc) to optimise material performance and align their manufacturing with our requirement for both high-speed production and a premium quality. You'll also ensure that material quality issues are investigated appropriately and that root cause is determined and addressed.
- Investigate material quality related customer complaints with suppliers, establish root cause, and ensure that robust preventative actions are implemented.
- Work closely with manufacturing teams to provide support and expertise on major material performance issues. Ensuring specification requirements are aligned to the requirements of a high speed, premium quality operation.
- Nurture and build action-oriented partnerships with key suppliers to further develop material performance and optimise standards of quality.
- Contribute to the assurance of packaging quality through engaging in a program of supplier audits, delivery of quality standards and ongoing supplier development.
- Facilitate the qualification and formal assessment of new suppliers, ensuring they meet the specification requirements and quality standards to support WGS P&SC operations
Our Ideal Candidate
Ideally, you'll currently be working in a supplier quality role within the spirits industry, or in a similar role with a materials supplier themselves.
You'll be an expert in glass, labels or cartons and the issues involved in their production.
You'll be open to regular travel to both supplier and WG&S sites, both nationally and internationally.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons