We have an opportunity for a Spirit Supply Team Member to join our site in Dufftown to safely and efficiently carry out spirit supply team member activities, as per standard operating procedures to achieve spirit and cask quality specifications and budgeted operational targets, in compliance with all relevant legislation.
This role covers 4 areas:
- Cooperage – cask repair support activities
- Filling Store – cask filling and cask emptying
- Warehousing – cask movements to and from warehouses
- HGV & FLT operation
- Ensure all activities are carried out following safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to ensure compliance with HMRC, environmental legislation, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO14001 requirements to produce safe products.
- Carry out all activities as per defined standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Be actively involved in the review of documented SOP’s regularly within the team and update as required.
- Ensure correct paperwork, and robust and accurate data recording, during the filling, disgorging and warehouse movements of all spirit processed in the spirit supply area
- Achieve Quality Policy and defined spirit and cask quality specifications.
- Monitor and achieve operational targets in the form of Process Indicators (PI’s) and Key performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Conduct basic maintenance and safety checks as per the Operator Asset Care schedule.
- Ensure high workplace standards at all times to maintain a safe and organised work environment ensuring that areas for improvement are highlighted, recorded and actioned. Use structured problem solving methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Working within a high performing team culture, and aligning with the Company Purpose and Values, contribute appropriately to team meetings and support the implementation of the spirit supply strategy and continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy
Our Ideal Candidate
- Self-starter with ability to understand processes and solve problems
- Operator with experience in industrial environment.
- A track record of working safely, accurately and with attention to detail.
- Proficiency and confidence in the use of information technology systems.
- Knowledge of HSE, HMRC, SEPA and other regulatory requirements.
- Experience of working within defined compliance and quality standards/procedures.
- An awareness of barcoding operations a distinct advantage.
- FLT/HGV Operator with ADR and experience in manufacturing – preferably FMCG - environment.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons