We have an exciting opportunity for a Spirit Supply Team Leader to join our Dufftown site, to lead, develop and manage all aspects of filling operations, emptying operations, tankering and marrying operations to ensure the delivery of key results in line with overall Spirit Supply strategy ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation in order to maintain compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement, ensuring learning and development needs are planned and resourced.
- Lead and support improvement projects utilising continuous improvement techniques and ensure ownership and knowledge transfer is effective post project implementation.
- Using CI techniques support a drive for improved operating costs and efficient resource management.
- Execute the operational plans in line with Company, Operations and Business Unit objectives.
- Monitor and implement improvements to maximise supplier performance
- Preparation and translation of operational reports to provide real-time updates on plant performance, including individual performance, and overall demonstrating compliance with the objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Set and manage operational expenditure to meet variable and fixed cost budgets.
- Maintains the safe operation of their process to ensure continuity of operations. Escalates where appropriate to relevant person.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives that drive essential behavioural; and process change. Strong links to be developed with all other sites, Whisky Stocks, Warehousing Distilling, Planning, Spirit Supply, Stock Management, Export & Logistics and Compliance teams.
- Implement best practice processes and procedures maximising effectiveness and efficiency, ensuring a strong interface with all key relationship teams.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their full potential
- Experience of managing teams
- Experience of leading in an industrial environment
- Experience of working in a Continuous Improvement culture
- Leading teams in an FMCG environment
- Degree educated with IBD qualifications – Diploma
- Experience in the drinks industry
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons