We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Solutions Architect to join our Central Services function based in our Cumbernauld office.
You will lead, manage and develop Group Technology Services (GTS) Solution architecture (including cloud architecture, process architecture, data architecture and technology architecture). You will provide high-level solution architecture artefacts that align with GTS’ enterprise architecture, with the key aim of realising organisational strategic goals. Providing solutions leadership and guidance across all domains including applications, technology, process and the data landscape.
- Accountable for ensuring all Solution Architecture artefacts align with the defined Enterprise Architecture
- Provide technology expertise and solutions guidance across all areas of the application, technology and data landscapes
- Ensure alignment with technology industry best practices and standards.
- Contribute to the development, management and continuous improvement of the overall solution architecture, supporting standards, frameworks and guardrails
- Contribute to the delivery of the Architecture team backlog, providing clarity on priority items, ensuring timely progress in a structured manner ensuring compliance with Architecture governance standards
- Improve and develop current solution architecture and design controls; defining and enforcing architecture standards, methodologies, processes, tools and frameworks against which delivery projects will be governed
- Undertake horizon scanning for emerging technologies to provide advice and guidance to WG&S business teams of technologies and tools suitable to meet their business needs
- Provide architecture expertise to GTS’ Product teams, jointly identify business requirements, create solution artefacts and contribute to the implementation of resultant delivery projects
- Provide architecture expertise to GTS’ Operations teams, jointly identify business requirements, create solution artefacts and contribute to the implementation of resultant delivery projects
- Work closely with other roles across the wider Architecture team
- Form active membership of the GTS Technical Design Authority, providing assurance all solution designs are fit for purpose, while working to ensure each component meets business requirements, integrates and aligns within the complex enterprise architecture
- Develop strong relationships with key GTS and business stakeholders to ensure alignment across the group, working pro-actively and constructively with the relevant teams to support cross-functional collaboration
- In conjunction with the Product teams, influence and contribute to the development of the future delivery roadmaps for WG&S corporate solutions to maximise business performance and support business objectives
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree educated or equivalent experience in a Solution Architecture discipline
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the following: on-premise infrastructure, cloud capabilities, networking, data platforms, integration, cyber security or workplace capabilities
- Experience of delivering in a technical environment (Microsoft Azure experience advantageous)
- Strong written and oral communication, process, logical thinking and organisational skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent solution architecture and design documentation skills
- Experience of developing strategic plans and systems design and development is desirable
- Strong knowledge of technology evaluation principles and practice
- Ability to engage with and influence key stakeholders across multiple markets and levels
- Proven track record of introducing and delivering change programmes
- Knowledge of core business processes within a distilling, manufacturing or distribution environment advantageous
- Experience of working in both waterfall and agile delivery environments
- Experience within a manufacturing/FMCG environment advantageous/desirable
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.
William Grant & Sons