To provide quality first level IT support to the business, answering telephone calls to the central IT Service Desk number resolving as many IT service requests as possible within Service Level Targets
- Act as a single point of contract for first level telephone support, providing technical expertise and support to system end- users, logging and resolving calls within agreed service level targets and escalating to other teams as appropriate
- Proactively share knowledge with other team members ensuring any updating of documentation of procedures and solutions is completed to defined standards
- Suggest and contribute to ways of improving existing tasks and processes using current technology to support a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure that all calls are logged in the Service Desk with the relevant service level target applied to defined standards
- Carry out system/staff Adds, Deletes and Transfers in line with existing process and protocols
- Engage, and establish successful relationships with end- users, identifying ongoing opportunities for improving the user experience and maximising customer service
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to support: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange \ Outlook, Microsoft Office environment (O365)
- Previous working experience of Microsoft MCP and CompTIA+ is essential
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager or equivalent enterprise call manager system
- Previous experience in participating in and contributing to a successful IT helpdesk focusing on providing excellent customer experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons