We have a exciting opportunity for an experienced NPD Senior Project Manager to join our Luxury NPD team, to project manage the end to end delivery of our Luxury developments.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include;
- Leading cross functional project teams through the Global Gate Process to ensure successful delivery of development projects to the agreed shipping dates, specified Brand Quality Standards and financial targets (Project budget & Cost of Goods).
- Developing technical readiness test plans to ensure all packaging components meet required substrate, structure and functionality standards, concluding in the creation of accurate material/component specifications. Have aligned trialling and qualification plans to ensure all new products are qualified within manufacturing and are fit for handover to operations
- Leading the core team through identification and resolution of overall project risks to ensure successful project execution. Ensuring the risk status is clearly communicated to all key stakeholders via the Global Gate Process. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external supply partners to ensure successful project delivery.
- Leading new packaging structural developments that involve new line or consumer transformations, often requiring the identification of new test methods and execution of proof of principle tests (including new decorations, component structural changes, complex material changes & significant capital projects).
- Leading complex multidisciplinary communications across senior stakeholder/steering groups. Leading strategic conversations to influence the direction and outcome of product development with design agencies and senior brand teams.
- Initiating leadership of an area of continuous improvement for the NPD team. Be it systems, networks, technical, training or team performance / culture.
- Engaging, envisioning and influencing members of the multifunctional core team without the structure of a direct reporting line. Setting clear expectation and managing both positive and negative behaviour.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree Level qualified or equivalent e.g. Institute of Packaging Diploma or substantial experience in either an FMCG or packaging environment.
- Significant experience and in-depth understanding of all types of packaging and material componentry, its functionality and performance requirements.
- Experience in glass and/or crystal bottle development, multi-material gift box development, complex closure development.
- Proven extensive track record in Complex Project Management.
- Strong Organisational Skills and administrative aptitude as demonstrated via effective delivery of stakeholder requirements within a change environment.
- Good PC Applications Skills with specific expertise in IFS/SAP (or external equivalent), Microsoft Project, Q-Pulse, Workflow, MS Word, Powerpoint & Excel (competent user).
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.
William Grant & Sons