We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join our Girvan site, to develop and/or deliver Capital & Special Revenue projects to increase site capabilities and improve process efficiencies within the Tullamore/Girvan/Dufftown sites.
- Assist the Projects Director/Head of Engineering / Strategic Projects Leader in developing the five year capital plan by identifying appropriate process or equipment improvement opportunities and drive delivery of sanctioned activity.
- Develop innovative methods of adding significant value to the business through a close working relationship with Operational Leadership on site(s).
- Lead multi-discipline engineering design development and/or delivery covering process, chemical, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation disciplines.
- Lead design development and/or delivery teams to ensure that WGSD is at leading edge of technology advances and ensure all projects are fully compliant with appropriate legislative requirements and utilise BAT.
- Lead the delivery of assigned Capital & Special Revenue projects within the agreed scope / budget / time-frame / HSE measures, to meet the sanctioned business case and ensuring a strong interface with key Operational stakeholders throughout the project development / delivery cycle.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
- Leads, motivates and develops their team in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will hold;
· Degree level qualified or significant appropriate trade(s) discipline experience
· Project Management Qualification (APMQ preferred equivalent to IPMA Level C)
· Demonstrable track record in an engineering design / project delivery discipline
· High level knowledge and practise in engineering design standards
· Significant experience in using structured Project Management Methodologies
· Knowledge of current health and safety/environmental requirements
· Significant Chemical /Mechanical Engineering experience
· Preferably holds previous experience within Brewing and Distilling, Diary, Chemical manufacturing, or Water industry
· Experience of leading projects from scope to handover
· Experience of leading people
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.