Deliver the WG&SA commercial strategy and commercial targets. Drive commercial results aligned the 5-Year Plan. Build commercial capability within the National Business team. Ensure WG&SA becomes the Premium Partner of Choice with our off-trade channel partners by building effective joint business plans by customer. Align with the National Business Manager – Customer marketing, to ensure WG&SA are executing optimised digital and physical Omni-channel customer marketing plans that effectively influence product choice at both point of purchase and point of consumption across Off trade channel.
- Develop the National Business team’s functional capability, by building their understanding of the commercial plans, Measurement & Evaluation & off trade channel strategy to develop and execute joint customer plans that maximise commercial benefit.
- Continue to drive and embed Route to Consumer fundamentals (Right Place/Right Job/Right Skill/Efficiently/Sustainably).
- Key stakeholder in the business operating rhythm ensuring the channel plans and customers is represented during lockdown, Trimester Sales Briefing, and commercial forum.
- Develop off trade channel strategy, championing key customers internally and driving customer’s plans within these channels.
- Own and continually improve the forecasting process.
- Achieve strong cross-functional relationships: Externally with key customers customer leads across retail/wholesale attending all Joint Business Plan sessions & terms negotiations. Internally with WG&SA Marketing team and Customer marketing team, to ensure consumer and shopper understanding is at the heart of all brand and customer plans.
- Align with Customer and Marketing teams on investment choices and customer prioritisation, to ensure our customer marketing execution plans deliver against brand ambition and deliver commercial return.
- Own and effectively manage the Customer Discount spend budget within retail. Making strategic investment choices to maximise return. Adhering to process, championing Measurement & Evaluation to improve Return on Investment and optimise spend, to deliver the greatest impact.
- Leads, motivates, and develops their team in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience and extensive understanding of all channels of the AU liquor industry: Route to Market, Field Sales and National Customers
- Experience and extensive understanding of the AU Retail channel and customers across all: Large, Small and Virtual store formats
- An experienced sale professional, with a high level of commercial experience understanding all Profit & Loss responsibilities
- An experienced people leader, with proven capability and passion for creating a high performing team
- Proven relationship development skills, with energy and ability, to build strong customer relationships at a Senior level
- Commercially focused, with analytical & strong problem-solving skills; with the ability to identify and optimise commercial opportunities
- Effective budget management skills, with high executional standards and attention to detail
- Ability to be adaptable and manage a demanding workload with a wide portfolio of accounts, prioritising effectively
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit; to be someone who can effect positive change
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement.
- Private Health insurance
- Attractive Superannuation Contributions
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Private Life Assurance and Total Permanent Disability cover
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons