Are you a RARE (Responsible·Adaptable·Resourceful·Entreprenurial) character that is passionate about International Global Trade, and looking to join a company committed to building an inclusive culture? If that's you, then join our team as the Senior Manager, Government Compliance. In this role, you will use your regulatory & logistical expertise to manage the daily import/export of our fantastic brands, such as Hendrick’s Gin, Glenfiddich and The Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies, Milagro Tequila, and many more. This is a great opportunity to work with some vibrant teams in different areas of our business, build a satisfying career, and help shape our trade compliance program.
The Senior Manager, Government Compliance will manage and lead our company’s daily import and export activities in a compliant, efficient and cost-effective manner. Supporting the Director of Government Compliance, this person will ensure compliance with all federal agencies with jurisdiction over imported and exported products. In addition, this person will ensure duties, taxes and fees are paid accurately and timely to the government. Lastly, as a people leader, they will also train, coach, and mentor a high performing team.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate has a Customs Broker’s license and experience in Customs brokerage operations within a supervisory role. We’re looking for someone who can use their analytical skills and attention to detail to analyze, interpret and implement Government regulations relevant to the business. Due to the collaborative nature of the job, our ideal candidate works well with a team and can communicates effectively with various stakeholders in the supply chain to streamline the movement of products. Lastly, aligned with our company values at WG&S, we’re looking for someone who values integrity, accountability and teamwork. Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
Additional skills and qualifications needed for this role:
- Degree Qualified preferred
- Customs Broker’s license
- Experience in Customs brokerage operations within a supervisory role
- Working knowledge of US Customs, FDA, TTB and warehouse entries
- Knowledge of US Export and Import regulations relating to alcohol beverages
- Working knowledge of business ERP systems
- Knowledge or experience with using ACE portal & ABI software
- Computer Literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work at a fast pace when necessary
- Ability to coach, train and develop staff
- Proven record of successful application of problem solving techniques and process improvement; understanding basic business operations and issues
- Ability to work co-operatively alongside others while retaining the capability to form and articulate independent views and opinions
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability due to changing business
- Analytical approach, innovative with good planning & organizational skills
- Effective time management and attention to detail
- “Can do” attitude
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous vacation entitlement.
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare that includes Medical, Dental & Vision
- Our employees can join our 401(k) savings plan. The company matches employees’ contribution up to 5%, in addition to a Discretionary Contribution.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life and AD&D cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We’re proud to provide equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons