To support the Business Strategy & Development team with analysis, research, financial modelling and project management across multiple initiatives to support the long-term development of the WG&S Group.
Support the delivery of strategic initiatives for WG&S senior leaders, including regional and market strategy development, RTM analysis and M&A opportunity assessment
Undertake competitive analysis, monitoring the performance of our competitive set and analysing the development of spirits and alcoholic beverage markets around the world
Autonomously establish financial and other analytical models to understand the impact of our strategic choices, RTM decisions and potential M&A investments
Support the corporate planning cycle and development of the company 5-year plan
Partner with cross-functional teams to prepare business cases on key strategic decisions
Help develop Board-ready presentation materials including competitive reviews for our Business Unit and Executive Boards
Support the management of BS&D analytical tools, data and research materials
Our Ideal Candidate
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
3-5 years experience in FP&A / Strategy within the consumer space, investment banking, equity research, accountancy or consultancy / advisory
Educated to degree level, preferably in a business related or accountancy subject
Evidence of analytical and financial modelling skills, including experience of working with analytical tools and processes around business case scenarios, on-going performance, financial, market and competitive analyses
Able to work effectively as part of a team
Driven to deliver quality results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner
Comfortable operating in a demanding, fast-paced environment and capable of reacting swiftly to changing business demands
Self-reliant with solid business judgment
Excellent presentation skills and an eye for detail
Excellent influencing skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the business
The role has a global remit and may require the successful candidate to travel as well as successfully operate across different cultures
Professional accounting or other financial qualification (e.g. CFA)
Knowledge and understanding of the international drinks landscape, ideally spirits
Understanding of the trading complexities involved in emerging markets as well as the commercial challenges faced in developed western markets.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons