Are you a dynamic luxury marketer looking for your next challenge? Our founder, Willliam Grant, fulfilled his lifelong ambition and built the Glenfiddich distillery by hand along with his seven sons and two daughters in 1887. Decades later, we were the first brand to actively promote outside of Scotland, shipping our precious liquid around the world. Now, Glenfiddich, the world’s most awarded Single Malt Scotch Whisky, is looking for a rare character to carry on that legacy, learn and be challenged as part of a highly motivated, trusted team at the heart of a thriving business as our Senior Brand Manager, Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for the positive development of the brand and brand team members. The Senior Brand Manager will manage Glenfiddich to help support development, achieve volume, and value growth targets with a clear focus on driving the brand vision and equity. Along with their team, they will be responsible for analyzing the effectiveness of marketing programs, evaluating strategies, and identifying new opportunities.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate brings 6-8 years of brand management experience at a world-class CPG company or alcohol beverage company, ideally both; Master’s Degree preferable. In addition, our ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of developing annual brand plans and leading projects from strategy to execution to evaluation. Candidate must have experience managing a large number of agencies and cross-functional stakeholders, as well as have experience working with a Global Brand Team. Experience managing large A&P budgets, developing omni-channel communications plans and leading a team of direct reports is also required. WG&S looks for innovative and entrepreneurial professionals with fresh new ideas and an understanding of the marketing mix. Strong influencing skills are essential to this role. Full profile of the role can be found in attachment below.
Other qualifications and skills include:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field is preferable
- Minimum 6 - 8 years of progressively responsible brand management experience within the beverage/alcohol or consumer product goods industry
- An understanding of the marketing mix and key levers to impact a brand’s performance
- An understand and passion for luxury brands. Experience managing luxury brands preferred.
- Experience in managing effective and positive key stakeholder relationships – agencies and field sales partners – to drive the brands agenda within the business
- Consumer focus and commercial rigor
- Strong influencing skills and a bias for action
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- High energy and hands-on attitude
- Proven ability in generating unique and compelling ideas
The pay range for this role, based out of our New York City office, is $132,576- $156,584.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous vacation entitlement.
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare that includes Medical, Dental & Vision
- Our employees can join our 401(k) savings plan. The company matches employees’ contribution up to 5%, in addition to a Discretionary Contribution.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life and AD&D cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We’re proud to provide equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymize all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymize applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.
William Grant & Sons