Achieve GTR commercial & brand objectives within the region through delivering our standards of excellence across global accounts, defining and implementing an efficient and effective route to market and maximizing business opportunities with existing and new customers. Ensuring delivery of short-term financial results, balanced with long term profit and brand health growth for the region
· Manage a Regional P&L and with variations in profit (PAM) across brand, customer, channel & market to deliver the annual budget and constantly seek ways to improve ROI and profitability.
· Lead the delivery of our GTR premium+ and luxury brand objectives across the region to act as a halo for our domestic business.
· Proactively manage a wide geographical spread of customers and multi-channel store level distribution network within the region, establishing strong relationships, that deliver the business plans and achieve long term sustainable growth
· Plan, set and agree budgets with Regional Director whilst understanding and delivering the pricing strategy and other net revenue levers to grow & maximize brand/region value.
· Work in collaboration with other Regional Managers as part of a matrix team to ensure co- ordinated plans for Global Customers.
· Build new business through existing and new customers and/or routes to market aligned to GTR strategy
· Build solid awareness of market trends (PESTLE, consumer, competitor, volumetric) in order to provide regular, accurate forecasting and identify risks and opportunities for region vs plan.
· Full ownership of WG&S defined execution standards of excellence for the region across quality, distribution, visibility, activation, advocacy and appropriate pricing
· Work collaboratively with domestic teams to deliver omni-channel campaigns through aligning brand strategy & focus markets with consistent and joined up comms & activations.
Effectively manage the data and information requirements of the market, working with relevant support functions to maximize time and ensure monthly reports are written and delivered on time.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree Level education or equivalent with significant relevant experience in a commercial role
- Premium FMCG consumer goods sales/commercial and or trade marketing experience working with large & complex key accounts in Africa
- Strong excel skills
- Confident relationship builder
- Willingness to travel globally and extensive travel across Africa
Fluent in French & English
- GTR experience and knowledge / experience of global GTR customers, e.g. Dufry, Heinemann, DFS
- Additional language skills an advantage
- Advanced excel
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare
- Pension provision for local nationals is addressed by the statutory plan (this is currently under individual arrangements)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.