We have a great new opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Bellshill bottling site. You'll develop and deliver CAPEX & special revenue projects that increase the site capabilities and improve process efficiency.
- You'll manage individual engineering projects across all bottling / distilling sites, that are not covered in the normal scope of the maintenance/operations.
- Implement defined engineering activities to address plant issues, replacement kit, capacity/productivity increases, health & safety, and environmental improvement initiatives.
- Implement initiatives that create an optimal and sustainable future plant/infrastructure setup.
- Identify and quantify development plans for input into our site Master Plans along with relevant budgets and appropriate justification.
- Provide detailed data to support project prioritisation exercises and manage projects that are to be progressed:
- Detailing project concept and approach, ensuring comprehensive and technically realistic requirements.
- Conducting financial analysis, and provide suitable justifications, leading to full capex submissions with clear investment cases.
- Identifying potential suppliers, develop optimal sourcing approach, tender for best overall costs, and fine-tune chosen option to deliver maximum value-add with appropriate contractual protections.
- Delivering projects to full satisfaction of operational teams, in line with approved project scope and quality, and ensuring optimal cost and timelines.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualified or with equivalent project management experience
- Particular expertise in electrical engineering
- Experience in using project management methodologies
- Accomodate up to 30% travel.
- Knowledge of current health & safety/environmental compliance
- Experience in use of Continuous Improvement techniques and analysis
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons