William Grant & Sons are currently seeking a Process Team Leader to join our world renowned team that runs the Glenfiddich, The Balvenie and Kininvie distilleries. You'll lead and develop the distilleries process team, in order to deliver all aspects of spirit production in a safe and compliant way. You'll also ensure that all team and area performance metrics are met and deliver improvements via a mature and effective continuous improvement culture.
- Lead, grow and develop talent within the team to maximise engagement and underpin delivery
- Ensure an effective continuous improvement culture supports the resolution of immediate issues and supports long term year on year performance improvement
- Implement the planning process, to support a drive for improved operating costs and efficient resource management.
- Embrace innovation whilst protecting our legacy
- Preparation and translation of operational reports to provide real-time updates on plant performance, including individual performance, and overall demonstrating compliance with the objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for exercising due diligence by conducting multiple plant rounds to check equipment is maintained and CSD’s are completed, trouble shoot any potential processing problems and eliminate any outages through structured problem solving.
- Maintains the safe operation of their process plant (s) to ensure continuity of process operations and conformity of by-product streams to operational and environmental standards.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level in a science or engineering discipline or have significant distilling experience in similar roles
- Holds or is capable of working towards the IBD Diploma in distilling
- Demonstrate significant technical competence in either the Distilling / Brewing/ Pharmaceutical/Petrochemical industries.
- Demonstrable track record of leading and developing high performing teams
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons