We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Operator at our modern ‘Grain to Glass’ Distillery in Tullamore. The successful candidate will be based in our Grain Distillery and will be required to safely operate designated areas within the Process function to specified quality standards in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Ensure that safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to ensure compliance with Irish Tax & Customs, environmental legislation, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and FEMAS requirements and to produce a safe product.
- Operate, manage and optimise the production process, following documented standard operating instructions, to ensure repeatable, consistent and efficient plant performance in adherence to the production schedule.
- Accurately document and control all process records, including receipt of goods/raw materials, all process parameter recording, outgoing products and co-products and necessary compliance data.
- Conduct relevant process checks to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance is being achieved and maintained at all times. Work on own initiative to ensure prompt appropriate corrective action is taken whenever necessary and ensure adequate recording and communication of any action taken.
- Conduct basic maintenance and safety checks and ensure high standards of housekeeping at all times to maintain a safe and organised work environment.
- Ensure areas for improvement are highlighted, recorded and actioned.
- Working within a high performing team culture, contribute appropriately to team meetings and support the implementation of site strategy, production plans and continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at William Grant & Sons where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Working knowledge of distillation processes from cereal intake right through to spirit production, ideally with formal certification in brewing or distilling.
- Be an innovative individual
- Ability to achieve targets under pressure.
- Demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Available to work as part of a fixed shift pattern which will include weekend and night work.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Private Healthcare
- Our employees can join a Group Personal Retirement Saving Account (PRSA). Employees contribute 5% of salary, the company contributes 10%.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons