We have a very exciting opportunity available for an experienced payroll professional to join our small team.
- Working as part of the in-house payroll team, processing end to end payroll for circa 2700 employees across 7 monthly UK payrolls.
- Assisting the payroll team leader with any other payroll related tasks and providing absence cover for the Overseas payrolls liaising with our outsourced service providers.
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders and various internal and external data sources to gather data and process accurately, adhering to statutory and internal deadlines.
- Preparing payroll reports and analysing data as well as posting to the finance system and reconciling payroll GL accounts.
- The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to suggest ways of improving our internal processes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You will be an enthusiastic experienced payroller with good knowledge of processing UK payroll including statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay. You will also be able to perform manual tax and national insurance calculations and submit RTI returns.
- You will have a working knowledge of pensions administration and salary sacrifice.
- You will be able to deal with queries from all parts of the business delivering excellent customer service but adhering to GDPR protocols regarding sensitive information.
- You will be well organised and able to deal with processing to tight deadlines and be willing to help other team members as required. There is a high level of manual data input and accuracy is very important.
- Good communication skills are required to ensure that the team deliver payroll accurately and any knowledge is shared within the team to drive service quality improvements.
- A formal payroll qualification is desirable but not essential. However, sound payroll end to end ability is required.
- You will have good excel skills including lookups to produce payroll reports and analysis.
- A good standard of literacy is essential to respond to payroll queries and review and update payroll process documents.
- Experience of Republic of Ireland payroll would be useful but not essential.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.
William Grant & Sons