To ensure the completeness, accurate and the processing of employee payments for the UK & Irish payrolls for the WG&S Group. Adherence to UK legislation whilst ensuring necessary deductions are made and paid to relevant external bodies.
·Accurate preparation and processing of the groups 6 monthly UK payrolls and 1 Irish payroll ensuring deadlines are adhered to and payments authorised in line with the Group Banking Mandate;
·Ensure the current legislative and contractual deductions are applied, paid timely and authorised in line with the Group Banking Mandate to the relevant external bodies and in accordance to HMRC guidelines;
·Work with HR administrators to ensure smooth running of payroll on a day to day basis and liaise with HR leaders to ensure the implementation of new payroll policies;
·Management of the process and payment of overseas Taxes and UK NI where applicable for overseas secondee’s;
·Support Transactional Processing Leader to implement and embed new payroll projects working with HR, GTS and payroll provider;
·Manage and reconcile Payroll Control Accounts for month end and year end in line with Group Reporting timetable;
·Complete the financial tax year end sending end of year summaries, P35’s,P14 on-line to HMRC and issue p60’s to all employees in line with HMRC timetable;
·Review processes on an ongoing basis, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing/ implementing these with input/authorisation from the Transactional Processing Leader as appropriate;
Our Ideal Candidate
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Experience managing large volumes of data
· Strong IT skills, including MS Word & Excel
· Have strong customer service skills and customer focus
· Knowledge of Tax, NI, SSP and SMP along with the ability to make manual calculations.
· A great team player with a positive attitude
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons