To provide technical direction, advanced support, planned \ controlled maintenance and upgrades, installation of Network Operational services, both on company premises and cloud provided services, using applications to both maintain and enhance efficiencies and performance of the company’s Network systems
- Proactively advise, assist, and engage on delivery and change of underlying technical network systems.
- Ensure that all third line network engineering support requests are appropriately prioritised and resolved within the required service level agreements.
- Create and maintain the documented design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures related to network systems.
- Advise, deliver and monitor the implementation of policy and strategy for WG&S information technology systems and SecOps to ensure that staff and network systems comply with legislative and organisational requirements.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain network systems within predefined targets.
- Work collaboratively with 3rd party support services on diagnosing and troubleshooting issues related to the WG&S network environments.
- Plan and execute system testing necessary for new and upgraded network installations prior to release in the live environment to ensure continuity of service.
- Provide project support, SME input and operational support across all Datacentre Network systems
Our Ideal Candidate
- Works to agreed individual and team objectives with full responsibility for quality of work performed.
- Strong communication, process, logical thinking and organization skills
- Demonstrates ability to work cooperatively alongside others to deliver team.
- Extensive experience in technical development and delivery, using industry recognised tools and methodologies.
- Extensive experience of Cisco and associated technologies.
- Extensive experience in global network delivery and support including security and reporting
The role holder must hold one or more relevant industry qualifications.
- Cisco CCNA Data Centre
- Cisco CCIE Data Centre
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer (Expert)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons