We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Material Planner, to lead the materials volume planning process as part of S&OP ensuring demand changes are proactively understood and suppliers have capacity and materials to support the supply control phased production plan in support of desired customer service levels, whilst minimising obsolescence risk and stock holding costs.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include;
- Lead the supplier volume planning process, validating for completeness and sharing the material forecasts and vendor schedule report in line with the S&OP cycle
- Design, implement and monitor the material stock policy and replenishment model for key commodities
- Maintain and monitor service level agreements with key vendors, covering batch sizes, frequency of makes, campaign planning, performance management, stocking policies and lead-times in line with contractual terms
- Ensure relevant material planning procedures and rules are adhered to and implemented as per the AP&S process to optimise service to internal stakeholders such as production, spirit and production scheduling
- Accountable for managing, reporting and reviewing Company KPI’s relevant to Material Management, ensuring timelines and targets are met
- Active participation in Daily Operating Rhythm meetings to manage impact of changes to agreed plan
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes and procedures gained in an FMCG or equivalent environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a passion and commitment to deliver continuous improvement
- Pragmatic problem solver with the ability to contend and deliver with conflicting priorities
- Self-starter with ability to work alone or part of a wider team
- High competency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Visio and SharePoint) and ERP/ Advanced Planning systems
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons