We have an excellent opportunity for a Team Member to join our mashing team on shifts, to independently operate, control and monitor the GWS Mashing process equipment (mill, conveyors, vessels, pumps, mixers valves etc) to deliver the distilleries goals (safety, volume, quality, service and efficiency) in accordance with role accountabilities and company policy.
- To independently operate and optimise the process to ensure repeatable, consistent and efficient performance adhering to production schedule. Deliver CI initiatives that maximise efficiency gains.
- Anticipate and solve routine process problems and correct alarm situations in area to minimize additional process upsets and costs.
- Ensure stable operations and analysis of process safety and key performance indicators to ensure working parameters are within acceptable limits for quality, cost and safety
- To document and control all process records, from receipt of goods/raw materials through to process parameter recording
- Ensures contractors, visitors, co-workers and others comply with company safety policies/procedures. Issuing authority for Permit to Work and performs lock-out tag-out of equipment.
- Conduct ‘Operator Plant Care’ (OPC) activities, safety checks and housekeeping tasks to maintain a safe and organised work environment.
- Contributes appropriately to team meetings and supports the implementation of team strategy, plans and continuous improvement projects as well as sharing knowledge with peers.
- Ensure that safe working practises and quality procedures are adhered to in line with both company and external regulatory requirements (e.g. ISO standards, HMRC)
- Assists in Emergency Response situations.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy
Our Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable knowledge of problem solving techniques
- Must be able to work in a variety of environments that include both fieldwork and deskwork.
- Strong numerical ability with equivalent National 5/GCSE Maths and English. Chemistry or a technical qualification is advantageous
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons