William Grant & Sons are looking for a Luxury Technical Operator to join their site in Cumbernauld. The right candidate would be safely operating Luxury Packaging facility assets and all associated tasks required to consistently produce Luxury Packaged products to specified quality standards in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Ensure that safe working practises and quality procedures are strictly adhered to in line with ISO 9001, Environmental and HMRC requirements for compliance, and conduct basic maintenance, safety checks and housekeeping tasks to maintain a safe and organised work environment, revising and updating maintenance schedules in collaboration with Engineering Technician.
- Operate and optimise all assets and relevant tooling to ensure repeatable, consistent and efficient production performance, adhering to Luxury standards and demonstrating personal accountability at each stage within the luxury process.
- Conduct quality checks at predetermined stages in the process to ensure quality is being achieved and maintained in line with Quality standards, taking appropriate action to record/correct if necessary and conducting any required investigation, assigning actions and driving to completion.
- Responsibility for all aspects of operation within relevant area of technical expertise (i.e. high value production, spirit supply and management, systems management etc.), ensuring processes are documented, followed and fully trained to others as necessary, and that all KPI’s are met, recorded, and reported on a monthly basis.
- Contribute appropriately to team meetings and support the implementation of team strategy, plans and continuous improvement projects, utilising relevant tools and methodologies to lead problem solving and CI activities.
- Contribute to the development of a high-performing team, assisting with training and induction of new starts and temporary workers, ensuring the up-skilling and cross-skilling of all team members in relevant skills/standards, and coaching the team to ensure that all production standards are upheld.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons