We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Specialist to join the team, in order to provide the analysis and expertise that facilitate the flow of goods to and from WG&S facilities, whilst controlling cost and maintaining service to agreed levels.
- Determine solutions that serve customers and support Procurement/Stocks in manufacturing sites, in the most cost effective and timely way, whilst adhering to all regulatory requirements
- Monitor, review and manage supplier performance, to agreed levels, and lead monthly service level reviews. Provide visibility of supplier KPIs with Logistics Leader/Procurement Category leader.
- Develop and maintain relationships with global stakeholders across internal WG&S operations and external suppliers and customers
- Conduct regular checks to ensure all invoices have been received. Process all freight forwarder invoices ensuring costs are coded and conduct regular checks to ensure all invoices have been received, checked and processed accurately and efficiently.
- Prepare cost analysis reporting to identify trends and improvements, analysing spend data against cost centres and geography. Present findings back to Team Leader.
- Ensure visibility of supplier performance (KPI) to Logistics Leader and Procurement Category Lead. Collate data, prepare and present graphs for Logistics team Dashboard
- Work with Accounts Payable to manage supplier invoice payments and ensure minimal delays/late payments. Publish to Logistics Manager, Category Procurement Lead and Head of Customer Relations WG&S timely payment performance
- Support the freight movements of inbound barrels & glass controlled by Whisky Stocks and Material Control, in conjunction with receiving site requirements
- Prepare customs clearance for inbound shipments, liaising with Compliance as appropriate
Our Ideal Candidate
- 2 years working in a relevant operational role
- Knowledge of Inco terms; the global freight industry, shipping lines/haulier processes and requirements
- Systems experience, particularly the use of ERP and the use of Microsoft Applications, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in participating in, and contributing to, a successful customer facing operation
- Proven attention to detail, data input
- Competency in Microsoft applications (Excel & Word)
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons