We have an excellent internship opportunity for a talented individual currently enrolled in an accredited university for their undergraduate or graduate level of studies. This internship will help create and implement impactful change within our US Operations team! We’re looking for a rare character to join us in our Edison, NJ office this summer who will work directly with the Logistics Management Team, identify and complete various improvement projects within the company’s logistics department using learned methodologies.
Please note that benefits are not applicable due to the fact that the internship is a temporary, part-time position less than 29 hours/week. Therefore, please disregard the benefits summary. Our internship is expected to run for 11 weeks (29 hours/ week) from June 5 to August 18, 2023. The program is designed to provide exceptional current college students interested in a career in consumer goods with a unique opportunity to learn firsthand about the diverse business operations of William Grant & Sons. This position is not eligible for relocation or visa sponsorship.
Hourly rate, if candidates are:
- Use data analysis and optimization tools to execute process improvement solutions in key areas, including but not limited to, workflow, inventory management, and training.
-In support of assigned projects:
- Interact with multiple functions and team members in our US Operations team
- Track and analyse data to help solve problems
- Review existing procedure, identify the absence of key procedures, and pose recommendations and solutions
- Cerate reports and presentations
- Observe and evaluate current practices of front line team members
- Create, maintain, update all process related documentation for future reference purposes
Participate in cycle counts
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a BS degree in a technical degree program such as Manufacturing, Engineering, Data Analytics, Process Improvement with 3.0 GPA or above.
- Ability to work on-site in our manufacturing facility and to adhere to all work place safety procedures and COVID-19 protocols.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to turn data and information into usable plans and actionable tasks
- Initiative to work independently and to know when to reach out with questions or for support
- Solid knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Power Point
- Working knowledge or exposure to ERP and MRP systems a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours to support projects as needed
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous vacation entitlement.
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare that includes Medical, Dental & Vision
- Our employees can join our 401(k) savings plan. The company matches employees’ contribution up to 5%, in addition to a Discretionary Contribution.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life and AD&D cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We’re proud to provide equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons