We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Liquid Quality Team Leader, to ensure quality of all raw material, in process materials & finished products and to deliver customer requirements for analysis and certification of product. To drive continuous improvement of quality during the various distillery & bottling operations across site.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include;
- To implement processes that optimises product quality to maintain our global reputation for quality.
- To lead, motivate and develop Tullamore Laboratory Team members in line with the Company Values to maximise achievement and engagement within the team.
- To facilitate and drive improvements & compliance within the Integrated Management System.
- To support compliance with all global food safety and mandatory legislative requirements so maintaining key contracts with new and existing customers.
- To deliver customer requirements for analysis and certification of all products.
- To work with the NPD and NLD teams to ensure optimum liquid handling processes are implemented for all new products.
- To assist with the preparation of Team budget and provide input to the capital expenditure plan.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level in a Science discipline and/or demonstrates significant technical competence or experience in either Science/Brewing/Chemical Engineering or Pharmaceutical fields.
- Strong analytical chemistry skills with proven ability in both running & validating tests within manufacturing environment.
- Proven team leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their potential.
- Knowledge and experience in the relevant areas of H&S legislation, Irish Revenue and environmental compliance and the application of best practice initiatives.
- A personal drive for continual improvement and executional excellence in everything they do and can demonstrate successful use of Quality Tools / Techniques.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare
- Our employees can join a Group Personal Retirement Saving Account (PRSA). Employees contribute 5% of salary, the company contributes 10%.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.