We have a fantastic 12 month opportunity for an experienced Liquid Quality Analyst to provide practical analytical support in order to maintain and enhance the quality and efficiency of all areas of vat hall and bottling operations as well as ensuring project support, consistency of mature whisky and non-whisky products and meet legislative requirements.
This vacancy is based at Strathclyde Business Park however, does also look after the liquid quality at our Luxury bottling facility in Cumbernauld (Arête) and all Third Party Bottlers therefore, some travel will be required.
The successful candidate will analyse raw materials, in process samples and finished products for a range of analytical parameters in a timely manner and in accordance to standard operating procedures. The must ensure results are accurate, ensuring any key trends or out of specification results are investigated, and communicated to key stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner. They will ensure proficiency testing and due diligence analysis is carried out and reported and will adhere to site quality standards ISO9001, ISO 14001 and BRC.
The successful candidate will also support the delivery of project work and assist in the preparation of samples for internal and external customers, ensuring customer demands and timescales are met.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate must have a Degree or HND in a scientific discipline and possess both a technical and practical understanding of laboratory equipment, procedures and methods.
Ideally, they will also have method development and validation experience, equipment maintenance experience and knowledge of brewing, distilling and bottling processes.
The candidate must also hold a full UK driver’s license as some travel will be required.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, while continuing to protect our product. To reduce the risk access to our sites is limited to those essential to our production. All other employees are currently working from home.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.