- Advise and support the Business Unit and team leaders in developing a high-performing organisation with an employee-oriented open and collaborative culture, that emphasises empowerment
- Work closely with central Talent, the HRDs and their respective teams, building strong relationships to proactively manage key L&D matters, with particular focus on practical advice and L&D consultancy support
- Ensure the L&D policies and principles are engaged with appropriately within the BU in order to develop all employees, improve their performance, and realise to the maximum extent possible their ability to carry out their roles productively in line with the Company Objectives
- Ensure the L&D standardised processes and policies, in accordance with the WGW, are engaged with appropriately deployed across the business units
- Support the Business Unit HR teams and Team Leaders to identify the development needs of the organisation and build appropriate L&D delivery plans through review of competency assessments, development plans, talent development requirements and organisational capability needs.
- At a business unit level, support the HRD’s to ensure L&D needs are appropriately resourced, budgeted and prioritised. Oversee the L&D planning and budgeting cycle to ensure maximum value and effectiveness.
- Oversee the periodic assessment of the organisations capability against required competency levels, providing insight to support L&D planning and prioritisation and organisational progress to meet both short and longer term needs.
- Create and source practical and tailored development programmes to address the critical competency gaps and to support all employee development
- Working in partnership with the HRDs and Functional Subject Matter Experts, ensure the coordinated implementation of all development programmes across the business, with the right balance of external courses and internal courses using a train-the trainer approach where appropriate, to maximise impact and return on investment
- Work with the HRDs and team leaders across the respective business units to proactively ensure development programs are used, implemented and followed up on in order to build the strength of people resources and accelerate the internal talent pipeline, with particular focus on leadership development
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of L&D programmes and processes across the Company and ensure that high standards are maintained and continuous improvement is acted upon
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experienced L&D professional with providing guidance and solutions on all Learning and Development
- Awareness in Learning Design Principles
- Application of relevant, accessible and engaging development
- Managing and delivering multiple priorities
- Degree or equivalent experience
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
William Grant & Sons