Lead the Inventory Control team, driving process adherence and accountability for Inventory across the OBU. Champion the effective and efficient use of systems to minimise unnecessary costs to the business.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of stock, in all internal and external locations within the OBU. Implement a range of stock control measures to ensure it is effectively controlled and discrepancies are minimised
- Collaborate with internal & external partners to ensure the Inventory Control process meets all legislative requirements (namely HMRC & Compliance)
- Demonstrate the continued reduction in Slow-Moving & Obsolete Inventory (SLOB) by publishing regular reports, and assigning ownership & actions to relevant stakeholders within the OBU
- Minimise Obsolescence by managing the PIPO process effectively for all relevant NPD projects, and delistings
- Lead the roll-out of SKU Portfolio Optimisation by implementing regular brand reviews, and driving decision-making within the BBU to reduce SKU count and complexity
- Work with GTS to roll-out EDI across all external Suppliers and implement improvements in SKU classification & shelf-life management
- Lead, motivate and develop the team in line with company values to maximise employee performance
- Participate and contribute to team performance by engaging in team meetings and taking an active part in problem solving activities
- Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues and apply learnings from identified training and development activities required to perform in role.
- Follow and comply with all WGW processes, standards and guidelines in the performance of your role, reporting any non-conformances in a timely manner.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Experience of leading people, and driving process and technology improvements
- Comprehensive understanding of Inventory & Product Lifecycle Management processes within a FMCG environment
- Competency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Visio and SharePoint)
- Educated to degree level, with business operations, logistics, mathematics, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of IFS system and processes
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive.
We want to make sure that all applicants are treated equally. To support this we will anonymise all applications during the screening stage. Details such as name, dates and educational establishments will only be visible to the recruitment team and hiring leader once an applicant is invited to interview, these details are hidden during the screening stage. To be able to anonymise applications they all need to be in the same format. You can upload a CV but we would also ask you to complete an application form – your CV will not be visible during screening. We hope you agree that this is good use of your time to help ensure a fair recruitment process.
William Grant & Sons