Since its launch, Monkey Shoulder has set out to disrupt the whisky category, challenging convention and introducing whisky to a broader audience through championing cocktails and mixed drinks as a new way to enjoy Scotch. Adored by bartenders and consumers globally in almost 100 countries, this award-winning brand is in strong double-digit growth and is a truly iconic brand in the William Grant & Sons core brand portfolio.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and forward-thinking Brand Manager to join the Monkey Shoulder Global Brand Team, to help recruit the next generation of whisky drinkers.
Reporting into the Global Marketing Manager, the Global Brand Manager role will be critical to the future growth and legacy of the Monkey Shoulder brand. This role will have a fundamental part to play in strategically growing key international markets, to continue to build consumer momentum and delivery of the 5 year ambition. The successful applicant will embed the new global communications campaign in local markets, whilst leading the global gifting strategy and development of omni-channel shopper insights and toolkits. Join the ambitious team and help us succeed in driving equity with existing and new audiences, capitalise on critical seasonal moments and put consumers’ passion points at the heart of everything we do – continuing to position Monkey Shoulder as a challenger brand.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience developing and implementing marketing campaigns or programmes, from insight into action, with a proven track record of achieving results
- Commercially aware, with a sound understanding of brand, communications and marketing strategy, including the setting and measurement of KPIs
- A brand guardian, willing to uphold our global brand guidelines, to influence local markets and to execute with excellence
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management (including cross functional and agency leadership), with an eye for detail and a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A growth mindset and appetite for new and disruptive ways of building brands, combined with an eagerness for learning and continuous improvement
- Open to global, local or regional marketing experience. No previous drinks or alcoholic beverages category experience required
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons