Manage the technical delivery IT projects within agreed timescales and budgets, ensuring the end solution meets agreed business and technical requirements, project vision realisation, customer satisfaction and compliance with the GTS Roadmap and framework
- Lead the detailed project activities from business case definition, project scoping & requirements gathering through to delivery utilising expertise and project methodology to guide and influence non-project resources to a successful outcome ensuring GTS projects are delivered within established GTS and PMO governance frameworks
- Lead and motivate relevant project teams in line with the Company Values to maximise employee engagement and project delivery whilst ensuring compliance with the GTS Roadmap
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of multiple GTS projects across various business functions,
- including the successful management of project budget, resources, issues, risks to meet set
- Work alongside GTS and business leaders to ensure all resources, infrastructure and requirements are properly planned and available; prioritise project requests based on WGS strategic direction and needs.
- Maintain strong communication and escalation paths with all project stakeholders, utilise appropriate techniques to ensure full stakeholder engagement ensuring regular updates, senior stakeholder updates and regular Project Steering Group meetings are undertaken, documented and actioned.
- Influence stakeholders to ensure all projects are aligned with company strategy, make good business sense and have recognisable benefits.
- Ensure appropriate support is defined and handover to support is completed at end of project to agreed SLAs
- Engage with the GTS Commercial Team to manage and select appropriate vendors and suppliers as required, ensuring appropriate contract commercial negotiations are undertaken to get the best solution for WG&S
- Manage and recruit contract resources when needed, ensuring quality deliverables are produced, tasks are completed on time, budget and internal standards are maintained
- Proactively engage with the GTS PMO of GTS’ project delivery framework and governance to drive continual improvement
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience, with a proven track record of managing the delivery of a project to completion; leading individuals within aggressive timescales, within budget and ensure a successful result for the customer
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in a similar working environment.
Demonstrable track record of project delivery working in an IT environment demonstrating a technical competence and understanding of modern IT and business practices
Formally trained in project management (preferably Prince2) and business analysis
Comprehensive understanding of project lifecycle methodologies, change control, technical infrastructure and IT service management
Strong communication, process, logical thinking and organisation skills
Capable of working across multiple, concurrent projects whilst maintaining independence of action, demonstrating the ability to prioritise activities and escalate issues appropriately
- Demonstrates a strong team working ethic and collaborative approach to project delivery
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons