An exciting new opportunity has arisen in the GTS group at William Grant and Sons. We are are currently recruiting for a Development Manager to join the Front Office and Commercial Product Team in Glasgow.
The Development Manager will be responsible for all of the software development activities within the GTS Commercial Product Team. To lead, manage and mentor a team of mixed-discipline software engineers and provide a succession pipeline of talent.
- Establish and maintain code quality and delivery standards
- Manage, recruit and develop a strong team of developers including work prioritisation, performance management and coaching.
- Contribute to and oversee (sprint) planning / (sprint) reviews and own, coordinate and manage the output of it to meet business objectives
- Working with the QA / Test engineers and DevOps ensure execution of product tests according to defined standards
- Establish successful stakeholder relationships, managing expectations in the delivery, support and enhancements of products / services
- Propose and offer technical solutions to business problems across the BBU and ODC business units and the wider organisation.
- Provide technical and leader support to the Product Leader
- Responsible for the documented handover of technical developments to Operations and Client Services
- Provide additional support in the form of information architecture, web design best practice and HCI/UX/UI where required.
- Lead development projects where external or other internal parties are involved.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience as a Development Leader
- Experience of stakeholder management, defining and delivering business led priorities and improvement
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, both for themselves and for the rest of the team
- In depth experience in delivery, with appropriate delivery methods - waterfall and agile development
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons