We have a rare and extremely exciting opportunity for a Cooper to join our Tullamore site, to maintain and repair all cask stock held ensuring casks are 100% fit for purpose at point of use. Rejuvenate cask stock in line with quality policy requirement and carry out assessment checks on all casks as required for coopering / rejuvenation.
- To ensure Health & Safety and Welfare of self and others while carrying out operations.
- Conduct full cask quality inspection of stock and repair / rejuvenate as necessary.
- Ensure daily and weekly targets are achieved and records are kept.
- Safe operation of all cooperage equipment in line with work instructions and risk assessments.
- Carry out assessment checks on equipment and checks in line with company procedures.
- Clean and maintain area of team responsibility to standards.
- Use and maintain equipment responsibliy and in accordance with all training and instruction.
- Actively contribute to CI and team meetings supporting and implementing team plans and driving improvements across the team.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at William Grant & Sons where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
Our Ideal Candidate
Time served Cooper – accredited to Cooper Federation or Equivalent
FLT certificate, general PC skills – spreadsheets and data entry.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare
- Our employees can join a Group Personal Retirement Saving Account (PRSA). Employees contribute 5% of salary, the company contributes 10%.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of three times your annual basic salary.
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons