To provide accurate and efficient financial analytical support relating to monthly closing, reporting and planning cycles. Be responsible for the end to end process of Advertising, Promotion, Marketing Investment and Customer Discount management while maintaining strong operational and compliance control.
- Ensure invoices are processed on time with payment fully aligned to group payment schedule and terms, subject to any exceptions.
- Be the point of contact for the region with Group Accounts Payable team on outstanding unpaid invoices
- Review of Purchase Orders and GRNI aging reports with Commercial / Marketing team, in line with GRNI procedures
- Ensure full compliance of PO management (e.g. minimize Retro PO only to exceptional cases)
- Be responsible for analysis and monitoring of Advertising, Promotion, Marketing Investment and Customer Discounts against Budgets. Ensure accurate recording of expense at month end close.
- Support on Measurement and Evaluation processes, ensuring pre-M&E are being raised in accordance to the governance. Review reasonableness of PO against Pre-M&E.
- Drive process improvement on Purchase to Pay (PTP) cycle, whilst ensuring there is a core standardise process across GTR
- Ensure the PTP process of Advertising, Promotion, Marketing Investment and Customer Discounts are in accordance to approve commitments and supported with appropriate documentations (from Purchase Orders raise to Invoice received)
- Ensure planning process of costs are in line with commercial plans, reflected and phased accurately and completely in the submission
- Support with appropriate analysis of costs and identify Risks and Opportunity through robust reviews of planned spend
- Support with review of spend coding on an ongoing basis. Ensure accurate execution of financial controls in particular on PTP process and GRNI aging
- Be the super-user in IFS support on APMI & CD management
- Develop and share expert knowledge of our systems, and exploring opportunities to optimise through network or wider WG&S colleagues globally.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to degree level with finance professional qualification/part qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA), or equivalent
- Advanced Excel and modelling skills
- Strong financial control and compliance ethic
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Keen eye for detail, data accuracy and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Background in FMCG or Drinks industry
- Working knowledge of financial systems
- Background in FMCG or Drinks industry
- Relevant work experience in a commercial environment
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons