Providing financial support with rigour and accuracy to our day to day operations. Partner our Sales and Marketing team by providing insightful reporting and analysis to drive optimal commercial outcomes. Review and maintain strong operational and commercial controls.
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager in the preparation of Budget and Latest Estimate forecasting cycles to ensure the delivery of robust financial plans to Asia-Pacific and Group.
- Involvement in key strategic business projects and initiatives (initiated both Globally & Locally) as required to drive value and efficiency across the business. Provide finance support, ad hoc analysis for Senior Leadership Team & Asia-Pacific regional team as required, focus on supporting delivery of the leadership agenda.
- Build strong working relationships with internal commercial and marketing customers in order to ensure planned Advertising & Promotional spend is accurately accounted for.
- To ensure timely release of non-required accruals following the completion of promotional activity.
- Collaborate with Demand Planner through the Sales & Operation Planning process to ensure the monthly forecasting of Sales Volumes and profitability is against the correct Stock-Keeping Unit’s with the right price to ensure profit is recorded and budgeted for correctly.
- Improve tools, templates and systems used in the planning and forecasting process to ensure robustness of submissions with improved easy and accuracy.
- Be available and responsive to internal commercial and marketing colleagues, providing support on Brands in Portfolio as needed including evaluating risks, opportunities and proposals.
- Review and maintain strong control environment, with documented controls and procedures in place. Input and review through ongoing self-assessment of marketing controls to deliver clean Internal and External audit reports.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to A level or above (or Australian equivalent)
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Ability to deliver to demanding deadlines to achieve month end, latest estimate and budget reporting actions per the relevant timetable
- Maturity and credibility to deputise for the Commercial Finance Manager, dealing with external partners and internal commercial teams
- Strong financial control background
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced commercial environment, managing multiple tasks and reacting to changing priorities
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Experience of working in a commercial, FMCG business is beneficial, but not a pre-requisite.
- Experience of working with a variety of financial and management information tools (IFS, Hyperion)
- The ability and desire to develop and progress their career in Finance over time
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement.
- Private Health insurance
- Superannuation (company contribution of 10.75%)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Private Life Assurance and Total Permanent Disability cover
- Product allowance so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands with your family and friends.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim funding each year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at email@example.com.
William Grant & Sons