Established in 1887, William Grant & Sons is an independent, family owned distiller with Scottish roots and a global reach. A new opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst with the GTS organisation in our team in Bellshill.
The Business Analyst will be supporting the Product Owner as a subject matter expert for user story definition, documentation and prioritisation within the Product team for the specific functional area.
- Provide specific systems knowledge and guidance to the Product Owner ensuring business objectives are met for the functional area.
- Support the Product Owner by confirming the technical requirements which will ensure business objectives are met in the agreed technology roadmap.
- Identify and share best practice within Business Analyst community of practice (CoP) and (agile) product team ensuring the sharing of knowledge creating a collaborative working culture.
- Act as a consultant for the prioritisation of user stories to ensure the generation and documentation of business requirements is accurate and meets the required standards.
- Document and own product / service-related business functionalities, functional requirements, typical use cases, process descriptions, FAQs obtaining sign off in a timely manner.
- Participate in (agile) meetings and supports the Product Owner in (sprint) planning / (sprint) review meetings to ensure business objectives are met.
- Support in the documentation of success criteria and assesses functional fit together with Product Owner.
- Track progress from requirements identification to implementation ensuring targets are met.
- Support the Product Owner and QA / Test Engineer in defining key business test scenarios and test data requirements and categorisation of detects (SIT and UAT) to defined standards.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in a commercial environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience in business analyst tools and techniques including business processes mapping methodologies.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail while also demonstrating creative thinking.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud experience
- Proven track record of working in a complex business change environment.
- Strong communication, process, logical thinking and organisational skills.
- Relevant systems and industry knowledge / expertise.
- Relevant certification is a desirable.
What we can offer you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
About William Grant & Sons
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
At William Grant & Sons, our vision is to be A home where rare characters thrive. We value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We strive to create an environment where we can all be our best and bring our whole selves to work.
OUR AGILE WORKING PHILOSOPHY
Our agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”.
Built on trust, we empower our rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across our teams.
We are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
INCLUSIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how we do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to our purpose and our company values. We want to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application we’d love to hear from you. So please get in touch with our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Grant & Sons